You can use thin slices of tofu as lasagne sheets. Once it is in the oven, the tofu absorbs the flavours. This lasagne is not only delicious, but also good for your waistline.
1 block ProLaTerre tofu naturel (250 g) - salt - 1 courgette - 2 tbsp oil - 2 onions, finely chopped – 1 tsp Italian herbs – 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400 g) – pepper – 3 tbsp black olive rings – 3 tbsp green pesto - basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Cut the tofu into thin slices. This is very easy with a mandolin. Lay the slices onto a tea towel and sprinkle with some salt.
3. Cut the courgette in the same way. Brush the slices with oil and grill them in a grill pan until grill marks appear.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Fry the onions until they are translucent, and add the Italian herbs and tinned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 8 minutes on a low heat, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Take a large oven dish. In the dish, make three small lasagne stacks. Begin with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Sprinkle some black olives over this, then lay a slice of tofu on top, and coat with a thin layer of pesto. Lay some slices of grilled courgette on top. Repeat until the ingredients have been used up.
6. Cook the lasagne for 20 minutes in the oven.
7. Garnish with some basil leaves.