Cabbage salad with grilled smoked tofu
Smoked flavours are really hip, and tofu is really suited to them. You can buy smoked tofu and make a delicious salad to go with it.
1 pack ProLaTerre smoked tamari tofu (250 g) – 2 tbsp oil – salt and pepper - ½ small white cabbage – ½ leek – 3 tbsp olive oil – 2 tbsp (soya) yoghurt – 1 tsp mustard – ¼ tsp lemon zest - ¼ tsp curry powder - 8 figs, cut in thin slices
TIP: delicious with roast potatoes!
1. Cut the tofu into thin slices. Wrap in a tea towel and dab dry.
2. Heat a grill pan. Brush the tofu with sunflower oil on both sides and grill until grill marks appear. Add salt and pepper, according to taste.
3. Get rid of the hard centre of the cabbage and cut the rest into thin strips. Cut the leek into strips too.
4. Make a dressing from the olive oil, yoghurt, mustard, lemon zest and curry powder. Add salt according to taste. Mix the cabbage and leek together.
5. Garnish the cabbage with the figs and top of with the grilled tofu.