These nuggets are crunchy on the outside but lovely and soft inside. All children love them! And the ‘grown-up’ children too for that matter.
1 block of SoFine tofu (250 g) – 8 Tbsp. flour – ½ tsp oregano – 1 tsp salt – ½ tsp paprika powder – ½ tsp garlic powder – ½ tsp onion powder – ½ Tbsp. linseed - 6 Tbsp. water – 80 g cornflakes – 30 ml sunflower oil - sauce for dipping: sweet chili sauce, tomato ketchup or barbecue sauce
1. Gently squeeze the tofu between your hands over the sink. Tear the tofu into pieces.
2. Mix the flour, oregano, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, linseed and water together. Stir until smooth.
3. Put the cornflakes in a bowl and crush them finely using your hands.
4. Heat a good layer of oil in a frying pan.
5. Dip the pieces of tofu into the batter and then roll them in the crushed cornflakes. Fry the pieces of tofu until crisp.
6. Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon, drain on a plate covered with kitchen paper. Serve with one or more of the sauces.