1 liter water – 1 tbsp fine (sea)salt – 1 block tofu, 250 g – 1 tsp ground ginger – ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper – 3 cm fresh ginger, in very thin slices – 5 tbsp hoisin sauce – 3 tbsp sesame oil
TIP: lekker met rijst gekookt met kurkuma en wat rode peper en gegrilde mini bokchoy.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Bring the water with the salt to a boil. Cut the tofu in 3 pieces of exactly the same size and boil on low heat in the salted water for 10 minutes.
3. Lift the tofu pieces with a slotted spoon out of the water and let drain for 1 minute on a kitchen towel. Mix the ground ginger with the black pepper and rub the tofu pieces with this mixture.
4. Slice straight down into the tofu, but stop just short of cutting all the way through. The same as you do for a hasselback potato. Stuff the cuts in the tofu with the ginger slices. Place the pieces of tofu carefully in a greased oven dish.
5. Mix the hoisin sauce with the sesame oil and drizzle half of the mixture over the pieces of tofu. Roast the hasselback tofu 20 minutes in the preheated oven until crisp.
6. Serve on individual plates and drizzle the rest of the hoisin sesame mixture over tofu.
7. Serve with grilled mini bok choy and rice cooked in coconut milk with curcuma and some chilli pepper and.