Kale mash with coconut tofu
Herfst; regen en wind. Tijd voor stamppot. En dat zo 'n Hollandse pot is ook lekker is met tofu, bewijst dit recept.
1 block tofu, 250 g – 4 tbsp soy sauce – 2 tbsp ketjap (sweet soy sauce) - 1 kg potatoes, peeled - 500 g kale - 200 ml milk - 40 g butter – 4 tbsp flour - 6 tbsp grated coconut - 2 tbsp oil – 20 g butter – 1 onion, chopped - 150 g oyster mushrooms – 100 ml water
1. Cut the tofu block into small cubes of 1 x 1 cm. Marinate in the soy sauce and ketjap.
2. Boil the potatoes and kale for 20 minutes until soft.
3. Mash the potatoes and kale finely, stirring in the milk and butter.
4. Mix the flour and the grated coconut. Let the tofu drain and collect the marinade in a small bowl. Sprinkle the flour-coconut mix over the tofu cubes and shake until all the cubes are covered in a layer of the mix.
5. Heat a frying pan with 2 tbsp oil. Fry the tofu cubes until they are crispy, and then take them out the pan.
6. Melt 20 g butter in the same pan. Fry the onion with the oyster mushrooms until they are light brown. Pour 100 ml water and the rest of the tofu marinade on top and leave to boil for 1-2 minutes until it is a light jus.
7. Serve the mash with the oyster mushrooms, jus and the tofu cubes.